Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"It started when I was younger- you were mine, my BLUE jeans..."

Orange T-shirt.
Dark, bleached navy jeans.
That yellow-striped, thin shirt.
Tank top with beaded ribbons. 


Like with a song or a love note, I feel sentimentally attached to certain articles of clothing. 

Usher and Alicia Keys' "My Boo" ? Takes me back to Spring 2005. 
(Don't ask for details.) 

My orange, cotton T-shirt?  Summer 2004.
It's been 7-years, T-shirt. Seven.
Seven years ago... when I still believed in Santa Claus.
No, not really...

But it's still time to go--
I'll just keep the memories:
Of beach volleyball at Ocean City, that boy, that picnic, that mustard stain, trip to LA, that BBQ on the deck at 9PM...

I've managed to toss out another 3-4 trash bags worth of clothes this time.
Three months ago, I tossed out another 5-6 bags. 

Hoorah, for me!

I feel relief.


I am so relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment